When you order with us
- You'll immediately receive an email receipt from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In some cases additional information may be needed in order to complete the purchase, in which case you will immediate receive a follow-up email from email@example.com with further instructions.
- Handling time is generally 1 business day for all shipments.
- Once your order ships, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
- Due to the sensitive nature of our information security gear, we can only accept returns for unopened, unused and unmarked goods for 30 days from date of receipt.
To return an item you must first contact us to request a Return Merchandise Authorization number. Only returns with a valid RMA number will be accepted.
- A 30% restocking fee may apply.
Within 5 business days of merchandise acceptance the credit to the original source funds (PayPal, Credit Card) will be initiated. This may take one full billing cycle to appear on your statement. A 30% restocking fee may be assessed.
- Shipping and handling charges are non refundable.
International orders are subject to customs and duty charges by your country and are non refundable.
- Refusal of a package and packages returned based on this will incur extra charges
- Refusing package acceptance results in the package being shipped back to Hak5 at our expense
- Carrier shipping fees for returned packages that are refused will be assessed to the total refund.
- We will only refund the purchaser for refused packages less the dollar amount of return shipping
- Please allow up to one full billing cycle for a refund to appear on your credit card provider bill.
- Special offers may be subject to reduction by a return / exchange.
- Clearance products can only be exchanged for the same item. Exchanges for clearance items are permitted for damaged goods up to 30 days after purchase.
- Returns will be accepted for unused goods within 30 days of purchase.
Hak5, LLC ("Hak5") goods are manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards. The Hak5 Limited Warranty covers defects in material or workmanship of new Hak5 products for ninety (90) days from the date of original purchase with proof of purchase, provided the goods are operated and maintained in conformity with the provided instructions. Any failed part of the goods will be repaired or replaced without charge at Hak5's discretion. This warranty applies to Hak5 goods only. This warranty extends to the original purchaser only and is non-transferrable. Only customers purchasing Hak5 products from HakShop.com may obtain coverage under our limited warranties.
Customer must undertake standard firmware recovery processes on malfunctioning product in order to resolve issues and/or work with Hak5 support on solving software issues before Hak5 may deem a product defective.
What is covered?
Hak5 warrants against defects or workmanship as follows:
Hak5 will replace at no charge for parts only or, at its option, replace any product or part of the product that proves defective because of improper workmanship and/or material, under normal installation, use service and maintenance. If Hak5 is unable to provide a replacement and repair is not practical or cannot be made in a timely fashion, Hak5 may elect to refund the purchase price in exchange for the return of the product.
How long does the coverage last?
Our warranty period is 90 days for signature Hak5 Gear (WiFi Pineapple, USB Rubber Ducky, LAN Turtle, Bash Bunny, Packet Squirrel) from the documented date of purchase, depending on the type of product.
What Hak5 does not cover?
Our warranties do not cover any problem that is caused by:
- Conditions, malfunctions or damage not resulting from defects in material or workmanship.
- Conditions, malfunctions or damage resulting from (1) normal wear and tear, improper installation, improper maintenance, misuse, abuse, neglect, accident or alteration.
- Accessories, connected materials and products, or related products not manufactured by Hak5.
Our limited warranties are void if a product is returned with removed, damaged or tampered or any alterations.
Hak5 does not cover Great Scott Gadget products such as the Throwing Star LAN Tap, Ubertooth One or HackRF One. Please see GreatScottGadgets.com for warranty and contact information.
How to file a claim?
Hak5 will not provide any warranty coverage unless claims are made in compliance with all terms of the controlling warranty statement including with your product and you follow proper return procedure. To request warranty service, you must provide:
- The sales receipt or order number
- A description of the problem
Please contact us to file a claim. A receipt providing the original purchase date will be required for all warranty claims. You may also be required to return the goods for inspection and evaluation. Return shipping costs are not refundable. Hak5 is not responsible for returns lost in transit. Valid only in USA and Canada.
- Clearance products can only be exchanged for the same item.
- Exchanges for clearance items are permitted for damaged goods up to 30 days after purchase.
- If customer has not attempted standard firmware recovery processes on the product and the product is recoverable upon receipt by Hak5, a 15% restocking fee will apply.
- Please verify your shipping address.
- Backorders and pre-orders will be shipped as soon as items come available.
- In-Stock items ordered with Back-ordered items will not ship until the Back-ordered items are available.
- You may receive several shipments to complete the fulfillment of your order.
- Shipments to the same customer may be combined for faster service.
- All orders must be shipped, we cannot accept 'pickups' from our office.
- We cannot accept checks, money orders, or telephone orders.
- Saturday delivery is unavailable.
- Delivery to hotels and freight forwards is prohibited. We are not responsible to lost or undeliverable packages shipped to these locations.
- UPS will not deliver to PO Boxes overseas. Please provide a valid street address and phone number.
- A phone number is required for all international orders. If a shipping carrier is unable to contact you, the order may be abandoned.
- Shipping address cannot be changed after checkout.
- We are not responsible for item/ shipping costs if the package is abandoned, destroyed, lost or shipped to the wrong address.
- We are unable to ship packages with a customers shipping account.
- If shipping to a international shipping consolidation company, We are only responsible for the package to reach the given shipping address not the purchaser in their respected country.
- Ordering from a country other than one serviced to a shipping consolidation company will result in a cancelled order.
- You may receive several shipments to complete the fulfillment of your order.
- If, for any reason, you never received your package, we can help you sort this out.
- If your package hasn't arrived yet and you're worried about receiving it:
Please give the shipment time to arrive. Orders take different amounts of time to arrive depending on your carrier choice and location. Please view ourShipping Guide for information.
- Was the address we shipped it to correct? If not, it may be delivered back to us as "Not Deliverable as Addressed" or "Return to Sender - Unknown".
- Bring it to our attention. We leave tracking your order up to you after we have sent it out. Email us regarding your inquiry and attach your original receipt with Order Number.
- Call the shipping company (UPS, USPS, DHL) and give them the tracking number to verify the information is correct. They may be able to tell you where your package is as well. This will also verify that your package may be waiting at your local UPS, USPS or DHL office for pickup.
- Delivery estimates are for business days (Monday through Friday- Saturday delivery is not available). If shipped via UPS or DHL, insurance is automatically added to your package. Please contact the carrier to receive instructions and options if you feel your package has been lost, or delivered to the wrong address. USPS orders are not insured but we will work with you to resolve any issues.
- Try filing a "File 1510" with USPS. This is a package trace. A 1510 may take several months to complete an investigation. The post office will search for your package from our local office to you. They will check all offices in the path to verify the package isn't waiting or undeliverable. If they find the package, it is immediately delivered to you. The 1510 is free to file and no charges would be incurred for postage.
- We can not be held liable for items listed as 'delivered' via USPS, UPS, or DHL. Items listed as 'delivered' are considered closed and completed orders. If you find an order is listed as delivered on the USPS website but you cannot find your package, please contact the carrier and provide the tracking number.
APO, DPO and FPO Addresses
- All packages are sent via USPS. Please choose USPS during checkout.
- UPS will NOT deliver packages to APO, FPO or DPO addresses.
Tracking and Delivery Confirmation
Tracking is included with all orders. Information will be sent by email when your order is ready to ship. It will update when the package has been picked up by your preferred carrier
Customs and Import Duties
Orders to countries outside the US may require duties. These are not paid by us or included in the price of your products. Duty is the responsibility of the customer and will vary based on product and country. For more information regarding your country's customs policies, please contact your local customs office.
- Your order may be subject to VAT, import duties and/or taxes, which are levied once your package reaches your country.
- Orders are shipped Duties and Taxes Unpaid (DDU). We do not collect VAT, duties and/or taxes and cannot predict what your particular charges may be.
- If you do incur these additional charges, they must be rendered in order for your package to clear customs.
- Offers are subject to availability.
- Sales, specials, coupons, or discounts cannot be used for previous purchases.
- Offers are subject to an adjustment due to returns, cancellations, or exchanges.